Google reader now has in-built Search. I guess this was one of the most requested feature. I am sure a lot of people are happy about this……………… Well, it took a while, but now its there. Thanks Google!
There are some other minor improvements to the Google Reader as well. Check the other changes here!
Btw, have you checked the new beta version of bloglines ? It looks cool, but I don’t think I will switch back to bloglines any time soon … I am pretty happy with Google reader!
September 6th, 2007 at 10:48am
I am totally excited & thrilled about this!!…. Looks like the Google reader team heard all my cribs ! Recently, a totally new version of Google reader was released, and it looks great ! Its compact, loaded with features, and I feel like I am in full control of what I would like to read!
Whats new ?
- Totally new UI – its much more user-friendly compared to the old interface
- The subscriptions are listed neatly on the left side, and the news items are displayed on the right side. Only 2 panes. Pretty much like bloglines. No more 3 pane layout!!.
- There are two views – expanded view, and the list view which is some what similar to Gmail.
- The Add Subscription feature is cool and is very intuitive.
- The ‘Settings’ screen is totally re-done, and is very neat. Now, you can finally delete all your feeds in one go!! (This was not possible in the earlier version!!)
- Lots of other features!!
I will start using Google reader (again!!).. I feel that its much better now, and if all goes well, I am thinking of totally switching over from bloglines!
Kudos Google Reader team !.. way to go!
October 5th, 2006 at 05:03pm
Looking for technology news … , try digg.com. Really cool, and is driven by community. You get the very latests technology information.
From thier FAQ page :
What is digg?
Digg is a technology news website that combines social bookmarking, blogging, RSS, and non-hierarchical editorial control. With digg, users submit stories for review, but rather than allow an editor to decide which stories go on the homepage, the users do.
They even have an RSS feed of the news times on their homepage.
Definately a good competition for technorati which is kind of loosing its shine recently.
Happy digging :)
August 28th, 2005 at 03:20pm
Finally, google news has RSS/atom Feeds. Cool. Was waiting for it for quite some time now.
Google news home page feed : RSS | Atom
Feeds for different sections/More Info : Here.
You can also have customized feeds, for e.g., for all news on Infosys, you can use this link : http://news.google.com/news?q=infosys&output=rss
August 10th, 2005 at 02:01pm