I am totally excited & thrilled about this!!…. Looks like the Google reader team heard all my cribs ! Recently, a totally new version of Google reader was released, and it looks great ! Its compact, loaded with features, and I feel like I am in full control of what I would like to read!
Whats new ?
- Totally new UI – its much more user-friendly compared to the old interface
- The subscriptions are listed neatly on the left side, and the news items are displayed on the right side. Only 2 panes. Pretty much like bloglines. No more 3 pane layout!!.
- There are two views – expanded view, and the list view which is some what similar to Gmail.
- The Add Subscription feature is cool and is very intuitive.
- The ‘Settings’ screen is totally re-done, and is very neat. Now, you can finally delete all your feeds in one go!! (This was not possible in the earlier version!!)
- Lots of other features!!
I will start using Google reader (again!!).. I feel that its much better now, and if all goes well, I am thinking of totally switching over from bloglines!
Kudos Google Reader team !.. way to go!