Its been almost a week since I wrote anything over here. busy with work. pretty hectic now a days.
Came across this wonderful P2P file sharing tool. Its really worth a try. Its called Shareaza.
I was a bit skeptical to download this tool, when one of the websites asked me to do so before I could download a game for my cousin. But my cousin just wanted the game, and I had no other choice but to dowload and use it!. I had to install this P2P client.
The site looked cool and was surprised to find that this tool is ad-free ! unlike kazaa and ….all the ‘azaaa”s :)……. and … to add to it, shareaza was OpenSource too! so no spyware or stuff like that. That made me more comfortable, and downloaded and installed the stuff. It was around 2.5 MB and took a couple of mins over my dialup 56 Kbps modem to download.. Installed it, and it was really cool.
Some of the features :
- It can connect to Multiple filesharing n/w at a time. ( EDonkey2000, Gnutella, BitTorrent and Gnutella2 (G2) Networks.)
- Probability of finding the file you want is pretty high
- you can search for songs, videos, books, applications.. you name it!
- you can download from multiple sources and networks
- the UI is very intuitive and is one of the coolest
- Pretty good control and security.
- It does not get stuck(wait state) etc. the response to your action is really really fast.
- It has some neat skins.
- does not hog much resources.
I could find virtually any file/song/video that I could think of using this one!
The only sad part of the entire thing is, the bandwidth that I have at home! ie.., a dial up line. 56Kbps. :(… and after using shareaza, I strongly felt the need of a T3 link. Hahaha. But a broad band link is ok. And… I think I will get one soon. More on that in my next post!
Till then, do try out this wonderful p2p client!…